It’s good to find something to occupy your time while you postpone your travel plans. Making great vegan food, for example, has helped us get through these past few months. what better way to improve your mood and appetite by preparing dishes fit for a culinary cruise? Raise your expectations of vegan dessert with these tasty banana-blueberry bars!
Portions: 12-24 bars
- 136 gr dates, pitted and chopped
- 1.5 cup apple juice
- 136 gr oat flour
- 270 gr oats, rolled
- 0.75 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 3 pcs banana, ripe, diced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 gr blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 35 gr walnuts
- Place pitted and diced dates in a bowl with the apple juice. Set aside and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170˚C. Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper, making sure that the sides are lined as well (cut slits in the corners of the paper so that it overlaps).
- Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the diced bananas, vanilla extract, apple juice, and dates into a blender and blend until creamy.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredient bowl and mix with a fork. Fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish and smooth the top. Bake for 30 minutes. Test to see if done by poking bars with a fork or knife. The top should be a light brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.