Roll ups are some of the most delectable bite-sized vegan dishes that we’ve savored. There’s something so special and hands-on about rolling your ingredients into delectable cuisine. Eggplant is rich in a lot of different nutrients, and would make for tasty roll ups. Here’s the recipe.
- 2 pcs eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 pcs bell pepper red, seeded and chopped
- 1 pcs onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 0.5 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 220 gr baby spinach
- 1 tbsp seasoning, salt-free
- 2 cups tomato sauce, low sodium
- 60 gr mozzarella, nondairy
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C and oil a non-stick baking pan.
- Arrange eggplant in a single layer in the pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until eggplant is flexible enough to roll up easily and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of water in a large pan, then add the bell pepper, onion, carrots, celery,and garlic; saute until just tender, adding more water if needed.
- Add the spinach and VegiZest and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl. Mix in 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pasta sauce and the shredded vegan cheese.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a baking pan, put some of the vegetable mixture on each eggplant slice, roll up and place in a pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the eggplant rolls and bake for 20-30 minutes, until heated through.