Baking is one of the many hobbies one can take up in these challenging times. Not only does it make use of your time indoors, it also lets you try out some delicious vegan bread recipes. Zucchini Bread is one such recipe, one that uses vanilla, oats, cinnamon, zucchini (of course) and other ingredients to make a scrumptious meal. While we can’t go on vegan travels at the moment, we can still engage in the gratifying act of making great vegan meals.
- 200 gr dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup milk, non-dairy, unsweetened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 170 gr oats, rolled
- 100 gr millet, uncooked
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp ginger, grounded
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg, grounded
- 2 pcs zucchini, medium size, grated
- 56 gr walnuts, chopped
- Put the vanilla, dates and non-dairy milk in a small bowl, then set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a standard size loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inches) with parchment paper.
- Grind the oats and millet into flour with a blender (30 to 40 seconds; millet is hard).
- Transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in the cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Pour the soaking ingredients (dates, milk, and vanilla) into the blender, and blend until smooth.
- Stir this mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients, then stir in the grated zucchini and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 65 minutes, or until the top is medium brown.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before serving.